Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Billy Joel: the Definitive Biography

Billy Joel: the Definitive Biography
Written by Fred Schruers

     This biography was extremely thorough. Brought back memories of the 70's and 80's for me. I learned a great deal about Billy Joel that I otherwise would not have known if I did not read this book. For one thing he does not have a religion or believe in God. Another thing Billy Joel enjoys staying at home and cooking and peace and quiet.
     I have attended 3 Billy Joel concerts - 2 at Madison Square Garden and the last play at Shea (Have been a Mets fan since since 1969). I also worked the Nassau Coliseum (custodial) when he opened the new venue. My favorite songs are "Piano Man" and "New York State of Mind".
     The author was a writer for "Rolling Stone". He chronicled Fleetwood Mac, Bruce Springsteen, and Sheryl Crow.

No comments:

Post a Comment