Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Ender's Game

Title: Ender's Game
Author: Orson Scott Card

I generally don't pick a science fiction novel as a choice read, but this story recommended was a pleasant change. The main character, a young boy in a post-apocalyptic world where the government dictates how many children you can have and if the children are worthy to go to battle against some kind of alien force. The story caught me from the get go. I loved the boy Ender, and most of his family, and I truly enjoyed the complete battle station school and commanders. There are several sequels to this novel. The book ended beautifully leaving few questions unanswered but also satisfied this ending that leaves an opening for the next book. I'll read on, but probably not for some time.

Fiction; rated 3.5 out of 5.
Reviewed by Karen Greenhalgh

No comments:

Post a Comment